Patrick Rush, CFP®, CLU®, MBA
Patrick Rush has been providing financial planning and investment advice since 1998. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor. Prior to merging with TFA in 2012, Patrick was the President of Independent Wealth Management. He also served individuals and families as a Vice President and Senior Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Greensboro.
Patrick believes that finding qualified, independent and conflict-free financial advice should not be difficult for investors. In addition, he believes investors do not need to predict the future in order to be successful at investing. He is proud that TFA is a fee-only firm with a commitment and legal responsibility to act as a full-time fiduciary for their clients. Patrick is passionate about raising the level of financial education in the community and thus authored Retirement 101 in 2011.
Patrick resides in Greensboro, NC with his wife, Dr. Christina Rush, their daughter Havana, and twin boys, Walker and Quincy.
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- MBA – Finance
- B.S. – Financial Markets & Trading
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- Chartered Life Underwriter®
Professional Memberships & Activities
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP)
- Leadership Greensboro 2015-16
- Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Barron’s Top 1200 Financial Advisors 2017, 2018, 2019
- Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors 2019
- Greensboro Police Citizen’s Academy 2018
- Canterbury School Board of Trustees 2020
- March of Dimes
- Central NC Board of Directors 2018
- Signature Chefs Auction Chair 2017
- Ambassador Family 2016
The Wharton School – “Your Money” talk show on Wharton Business Radio on Sirius XM (guest)