Carter W. Leinster CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®
Carter W. Leinster, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, is the founder and President of Triad Financial Advisors. Carter has been helping men and women achieve financial independence since she began her career as a financial consultant in 1978. After celebrating thirty years of service in 2012, TFA and Independent Wealth Management merged. Patrick Rush, former President of IWM, became Principal of the firm providing TFA with future growth opportunities and continuous stability for its clients.
Carter continues to meet with clients to discuss planning and investment strategies. She believes our style of planning is for those who value personalized thinking and the kind of knowledge that can only be accumulated over time.
Carter enjoys traveling with her family, studying foreign languages and learning about indigenous cultures. She is especially interested in the native cultures of North, Central and South America as well as collecting textiles from different parts of the world. Carter and her husband Bill have two daughters, Whitney and Logan. Whitney and her husband live in Stuttgart, Germany, while Logan lives with her husband and 2 children in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A. -concentration in Finance
- Middlebury College, M.A.
- Duke University, B.A.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Chartered Life Underwriter®
- Licensed for Health and Life Insurance
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP) – Served on the Board of Directors (1988-1990 and 2007-2009)
- Greensboro Estate Planning Council
- Women Presidents’ Organization
- Women’s Professional Forum – Served as President and on the Board of Directors
- Advisory Board of Friends Home in Greensboro, NC
- Greensboro Montessori School – Board of Trustees
- The United Way Tocqueville Society
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Women to Women – Founding member
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro Board of Directors, past member
- Corporate Relations Committee of the UNCG Board of Visitors, past member
- Top 25 North Carolina Financial Advisors, State-by-State – Barron’s List (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016)
- Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019